Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Twin Skies Announced

Matt posted about our work with the fantastic team over at Meteor Games last month, which included some of the feature coverage from the July announcement -- Wired's GameLife, AOL's GameDaily, Venture Beat and Gamasutra.

To repeat, Meteor was founded by Adam Powell and Donna Williams who were the creative geniuses behind the massively popular Neopets site for kids. Los Angeles-based Meteor is their new gig and we just announced their first new project -- Twin Skies.

Twin Skies is a new take on MMOs, and frankly I'm pretty excited about it. I'm an old sk00l MMO player dating as far back as Gemstone III but also including lengthy stints in Ultima Online, EverQuest, and, of course, World of Warcraft. I kicked the WoW habit about a year and a half ago simply due to the sheer amunt of time it involved.

What excites me about Twin Skies, among many things, is that it's going to allow me to get back in MMO gaming, but on a more mellow level. And, it's certainly going to be something my two young kids can enjoy too -- these are the creators of Neopets after all. And, I really dig that.

Here are a few screenshots from the announcement:







-- Grok

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.